Hello and welcome to my blog. I am a new student, starting a distance learning degree through the Open College of Arts, and I am going to blog about what I have learnt and my work. You may be visiting this blog expecting to see work for sale, however I am now concentrating on being a student and loving it! Come and join me for the ride.

Monday 2 August 2010

Visit to Edinburgh

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I last blogged, shameful I know. I just spent a night in Edinburgh visiting a work friend with my other half. Unfortunately the weather wasn't brilliant but we managed to fit in a visit to the National Galleries on Princes street yesterday. I spent time wandering round the permanent exhibitions, looking at the detail in the paintings; they must have taken so long to produce that I know feel the need to embark on a project.


I am already trying to find time to visit again to look around the Impressionists garden exhibition. It feels as though I've commited a crime not visiting while I was there.

We had lunch at Sea Dogs on Rose street (above). The food was amazing, fresh seafood cooked to perfection, and at a bargain price. I had the bacon and thyme mussels, yum!! The china was eclectic and mis-matched, as was the furniture, making a unique dining experience, I recommend visiting as soon as you can!

Today was spent wandering around the zoo, feeling like kids again. My other half has taken so many photos with our new camera, I'll post some soon. My favourites are the koalas and all the colourful birds, I really feel inspired by the colours to try and create a bold piece of work, pens at the ready. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment