Hello and welcome to my blog. I am a new student, starting a distance learning degree through the Open College of Arts, and I am going to blog about what I have learnt and my work. You may be visiting this blog expecting to see work for sale, however I am now concentrating on being a student and loving it! Come and join me for the ride.

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Jammy success

Well, here's my jar of raspberry jam, ready to be entered into the village fair on saturday. What do you think? I just need to make a label now.
To make the jam I had,
300g raspberries
300g preserving sugar
Juice of half a lemon
I heated the raspberries in a pan, squashing them down to release te juices, add the sugar and lemon juice and stir over a low heat untill the sugar has melted. Then boil rapidly for between 5-15 mins depending on the setting point of your batch. To check if its set, place a plate in the freezer, place a blob of jam on the plate and if it sets to a jam texture its ready. Pour into hot, sterilised jars, and seal with a wax cap. Yum Yum!

My latest foraging success has been these cherries, A mixture of yellow and red cherries has made some interesting jam. It hasn't set quite correctly, but its still yummy.

Here is a photo of my first attempt at making bunting. Iv'e used some vintage fabric, and some recycled fabric swatches. I'm quite pleased with it to be honest, it definately brightens up my old shed. But, more practice is required. I'm hoping for some more sun so I can sit in the garden to admire my handi work.

No comments:

Post a Comment