Hello and welcome to my blog. I am a new student, starting a distance learning degree through the Open College of Arts, and I am going to blog about what I have learnt and my work. You may be visiting this blog expecting to see work for sale, however I am now concentrating on being a student and loving it! Come and join me for the ride.

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Shopping trip

Today I ventured into my local town centre, Elgin, for a spot of crafty shopping. My first stop was at Yeadons Booksellers, a fantastic independant booksellers and stationers. They sell an amazing variety of books and gorgeous staionary including french inks and paper, lush! You can visit there website at http://www.yeadons.co.uk/ I bought two books -

'Homemade' by Ros Badger and Elspeth Thompson. It is choca block full of gorgeous ideas to get busy making. And, secondly the Knitter's bible by Claire Crompton. I have already found this useful. Two books I would recommend.

Then I paid a visit to one of the two lovely, independant wool shops, to stock up on yarns for making some pressies. I have started making some fingerless mitts today, they seem to be going welll so far. Does anyone else have knitting projects on the go?



No comments:

Post a Comment