Hello and welcome to my blog. I am a new student, starting a distance learning degree through the Open College of Arts, and I am going to blog about what I have learnt and my work. You may be visiting this blog expecting to see work for sale, however I am now concentrating on being a student and loving it! Come and join me for the ride.

Thursday 18 November 2010

Thursday Challenge - Irisue yarn crafts


Today I share with you, Irisue Yarn Crafts. A mother and daughter duo who knit and felt by hand beautiful bags and woolen vases.


Here are two examples of the gorgeous vases or bowls. They are hand knitted and then felted in a hand turned washing machine, imagine the arm ache!!! The colours vary from bowl to bowl depending on the yarn used. You can find a bowl to suit every room in your house, I did. They just make you want to pick them up and hold them, as I did for most of the day.


The bags are made using the same method, hand knit and then felted. No two bags are the same, finished of with different fastenings. The bags are all lined internally and are incredibly strong due to the felting process.



There was also a jolly array of hats on sale, all hand knitted again with different fairisle patterns. They are incredibly warm, tested out while walking the dogs on a wintery day this week.


They will be at Eden court Christmas fair on the 3rd-5th December to stock up on some unique christmas presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment