Hello and welcome to my blog. I am a new student, starting a distance learning degree through the Open College of Arts, and I am going to blog about what I have learnt and my work. You may be visiting this blog expecting to see work for sale, however I am now concentrating on being a student and loving it! Come and join me for the ride.

Thursday 11 November 2010

Thursday challenge - Crooked Crafts


This week I am going to introduce you to Crooked Crafts. A Father and Son duo, based in the Highlands of Scotland. They make and sell bird boxes from found or recycled materials, and because they are made from re-used timber no two are the same!


The style and varieties are simply gorgeous, taking the humble bird box to fantastic new levels. Wiggly roofs, heart shaped boxes and the new sail house box would look fabulous inside and out of your home.


I am particularly in love with the blue heart shaped box pictured above!



They have also created a box suitable for the discerning golfer, a recycled club becoming a comfy perch for the birds.


Smaller wooden items such as these lovely coasters are also available, alongside hand turned mushrooms and jewelery.


You can visit their website at www.crookedcrafts.co.uk or see them at various fairs in the Highlands.


No comments:

Post a Comment