Hello and welcome to my blog. I am a new student, starting a distance learning degree through the Open College of Arts, and I am going to blog about what I have learnt and my work. You may be visiting this blog expecting to see work for sale, however I am now concentrating on being a student and loving it! Come and join me for the ride.

Monday 4 October 2010

Dark room dreams

I have recently started an evening course in film photography at Moray College. So far I have taken a 24 exposure film and developed it. My first photo was an oops moment, I was in digital mode and just snapped away without any settings adjusted, so we will see how successful that was, or wasn't! Our theme for the course is reflections and shadows, but unfortunately the weather in sunny Scotland hasn't been so sunny of late. So I was forced inside for my photos, I decided to concentrate on kitchen items and a very shiny pair of comedy sunglasses. Tomorrow is printing night, and I am so excited to see how successful I have been, or if it has been a disaster! I will scan in some photos when I get home.


For the course we also have to research photography masters and one of my favourites so far has been the works of Shomei Tomatsu. He is one of the only Japanese photographers to have documented the aftermath of the nuclear attack on the city of Nagasaki in 1945. His photographs are horrifying and eye opening in the same breath. Here are some examples of his work.







No comments:

Post a Comment